The National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC), also known as the “Divine Nine” is the coordinating body for the historically African-American fraternities and sororities at Arizona State University. Originally formed in 1930 at Howard University, the purpose of the NPHC is "unanimity of thought and action as far as possible in the conduct of Greek-letter collegiate fraternities and sororities, and to consider problems of mutual interest to its member organizations." NPHC honors the historical spirit of community service, cooperation, cultural consciousness, scholarship, servant leadership and unity.
For more information explore the Greek Life Guidebook
|Vice President Internal
|Vice President External
|Public Relations Chair
|Community Service Chair
- Cultural Greek Open House - an opportunity to meet and learn more about the fraternities and sororities of the MGC, NALFO, and NPHC councils. Each organization will be there to share information about their fraternity or sorority and to provide information on how to join. The organizations will also be showcasing their traditions of stepping, strolling, or saluting.
- - August 30, 2023, 6:30 pm., Student Pavilion Senita Ballroom
- Round Robin - an opportunity for students interested in joining an NPHC organization to gather more information about each of the chapters in the council. The women will rotate between rooms to learn about each sorority and the men will rotate between rooms to learn about each fraternity.
- - September 6, 2023, 6:30 pm, Greek Leadership Community Center
- NPHC Week - a weeklong celebration of the unity and culture of NPHC organizations. During NPHC Week the council will host a number of events centered on academic achievement, community service, and student leader development.
- NPHC Family Weekend Step Show - an event to provide organizations from NPHC an opportunity to compete against each other in a stepping, strolling, and/or dancing competition while all attendees learn about the historical relevance and importance of the dances to culturally-based Greek-letter organizations.
- - September 22, 2023, Senita Ballroom
How to Join
For information about NPHC intake, please visit the How to Join page