The University and Student Accessibility and Inclusive Learning Services support you in your right to file a grievance when you believe you have been denied equal access in the form of appropriate accommodations, modifications, auxiliary aids or effective communication or suffered discriminatory harassment as described in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and ACD 401: Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation. The general grievance procedures, which apply to all students, are available to students with disabilities. The grievance procedures listed below are additional procedures that apply to students with disabilities who feel their rights have been violated under 504 and ADA.


If you have any concerns about accessibility or accommodations, you are welcome to contact the Student Accessibility at (480) 965-1234, emailing the office at or reporting your concerns to our office through the following form: Concern Form

The form will be reviewed and you will be contacted to address any concerns you may have.

Resolving Conflicts with the University, Faculty and/or Staff, Academic Department, or university Non-academic Department, Program or Organization


  • Students are encouraged to discuss their concerns with their Access Consultant. The Access Consultant will attempt to resolve the issues by assisting the student in discussing issues with the faculty member, department or program. In some instances, the Assistant Director or Director of Student Accessibility and Inclusive Learning Services may be consulted in order to develop a resolution. Most situations are positively resolved through the Access Consultant support and mediation.
  • If the matter cannot be resolved through the Access Consultant the student may file a complaint using the Student Accessibility Complaint form. These forms are reviewed regularly and evaluated by a group of individuals.
  • If a resolution is still not reached and this is a matter of disability-based discrimination the student may contact the University RIghts and Responsibilities at 480-965-5057 or
  • If the complaint is not resolved at the university level, the student may choose to file a complaint with the Federal Office for Civil Rights.


Resolving Conflicts with Student Accessibility and Inclusive Learning Services Staff and/or a Staff Member

The procedure for resolving conflicts with Student Accessibility and Inclusive Learning Services and/or a staff member is similar to the steps explained above. Initially, the student should discuss the complaint with their Access Consultant. If the complaint is not resolved, or there is a specific reason the situation cannot be discussed with the Access Specialist, the student should meet with the Assistant Director or Director.

If the student believes their complaint is a matter of discrimination, the student has the right to bypass Student Accessibility and Inclusive Learning Services and go directly to the University RIghts and Responsibilities. They will evaluate the situation and determine an appropriate resolution. If a satisfactory solution is still not offered, the student may choose to file a complaint with the Federal Office of Civil Rights. These entities will take complaints and will investigate when appropriate.

Resolving Alleged Discrimination by Another Student

In situations where students allege discrimination by another student, students have the option of filing formal charges under the Code of Student Conduct. Please refer to the policy and procedures in the Student Handbook. Contact the Dean of Students office for further information at

Student Code of Conduct

Read the full code of conduct