Nutrition Counseling Services
ASU Health Services offers individual nutrition consultations for students seeking nutrition assistance for general or specific concerns.
should you see a dietitian? are you:
- Trying to eat healthier
- Worried about college weight gain
- In need of quick, healthy menu suggestions
- Looking for healthy eating options on campus
- Struggling with portions and/or calorie control
- Having trouble figuring out how to eat healthy on-the-go
- In need of accountability for what and how you’re eating
- Considering becoming a vegetarian
- Curious about how to boost your metabolism
- Wondering if you need to take vitamin/mineral supplements
- Confused by the plethora of conflicting diet information out there
- Suffering from low energy
- Experiencing an eating disorder or had one in the past
- Trying to manage food allergies, intolerances or sensitivities
- Managing a medical condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, anemia, etc.
If you answered yes to one of the questions above, you could benefit from an individual consultation with a registered dietitian.
how to schedule a nutrition counseling appointment
Nutrition counseling appointments are held most days of the week in the ASU Health Services building and one afternoon a week in the Sun Devil Fitness Complex in the Well Devils Suite.
nutrition counseling appointment information
Initial nutrition counseling appointments are 45 minutes and follow-up appointments range 15-30 minutes. There is a small fee.
- If you have Aetna Student Health Insurance or the Bridge Service Plan, you will be responsible for a $10 co-pay.
- If you have the Wellness Care Package (available for purchase anytime during the semester at ASU Health Services for $75/semester), the first nutrition counseling visit is free and all nutrition follow-up visits are $30.
- If you have any other insurance beside Aetna Student Health Insurance or the Bridge Service Plan, you are responsible for checking with your own insurance company to find out if nutrition counseling appointments are covered or not, and if so, any co-pay you will be responsible for.
- Without any insurance, the initial nutrition counseling appointment is $78 and follow-up appointments range $23-$46.