what is alcohol-wise?
Alcohol-Wise is an online course designed to engage college students in critical thinking about alcohol use, reduce risks associated with underage and high-risk drinking and contribute to positive social norms. The course includes Alcohol E-Check Up to Go, developed by San Diego State University (also available on our website). Prevention of sexual violence is addressed. The course is delivered in two parts: Part 1 includes questionnaires and the course content. Part 2 is a follow-up that is taken 30-days after completion of Part 1. This course is recommended for all new first year students attending ASU.
what do I need to take alcohol-wise?
- A computer
- Internet access
- An email address
- About 75 minutes for Part 1 and 15 minutes for Part 2—you can log in and out as needed
A printer (to print your participation certificate)
to take alcohol-wise:
- Go to www.3rdmilclassrooms.com
- Click on Begin Enrollment and choose College on the left side menu.
- When you are directed to Enter Control Number, enter the code ASUAW.
- Create your account by completing the web form and receive your password.
- Enter your email address and password under Student Login.
- Complete Alcohol-Wise Part 1, in one or multiple visits.
- Receive an email reminder 30-days after you finish Part 1 to complete Part 2.
- Complete Part 2 to receive your Certificate of Completion.
what else do I need to know before I take the course?
- You will receive your password on the screen and by email at the end of the enrollment process.
- You will receive an email 30-days after you finish the course reminding you to complete the required 15-minute Part 2 follow-up.
- You will not receive your Certificate of Completion until you finish Part 2.
- Upon completion, you will receive a completion notification by email. ASU Wellness will maintain a record of your completion for two years. However, we recommend that you save your Certificate of Completion for your records.