1. Make sure you're eligible
To participate and receive services, U.S. Military veterans (Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force or Coast Guard) must meet the following criteria:
- Must reside within Maricopa or northern Pinal Counties.
- Have low-income background and/or be considered a first-generation college-bound student (i.e. neither parent earned a bachelor’s degree).
- Have yet to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Served on active duty for more than 180 consecutive days.
- As reservists, served on active duty for more than 30 consecutive days or called to active duty on/after September 11, 2001.
- Discharge status is anything other than dishonorable.
- Have a need for academic support.
Request Veterans Upward Bound information or visit the Veterans Upward Bound office to complete an application in person, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m to complete an application in person or email completed application to any program coordinator.
Arizona State University, Tempe campus
1250 S. College Ave.
Irish Hall A, Room #121
Tempe, AZ 85287-1912
3. Confirm your enrollment
A TRIO Veterans Upward Bound staff member will contact you in order to determine your admission to the program.
Request Veterans Upward Bound information