Enhance academic success
Students in the Tolleson Union High School District now have an opportunity to apply for ASU TRIO Talent Search. Enrollment in ASU Talent Search will increase high school completion, provide access to higher education and prepare Tolleson students for success.
ASU TRIO Talent Search participating Tolleson High Schools
- Copper Canyon
- Sierra Linda
- La Joya Community
The ASU TRIO Talent Search program and services are free to students who meet the following criteria. Please call our office if you have any questions regarding eligibility.
- First-generation college-bound student (neither parent has completed a 4-year bachelor’s degree)
- Family household income meets guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education
- Demonstrate a desire to attend college
- 13 years of age and in 9th-12th grade
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
- Minimum of 2.5 grade point average
- Commit to participating in the Talent Search program until high school graduation
Program applications are accepted year round. Students may request and submit a program application at any of the ASU TRIO Talent Search participating high schools. Only completed applications will be evaluated.
Once applications are evaluated, students will be invited to an interview with the TRIO Talent Search team. Program selection is based upon student need, the completed program application and interview. Priority is given to freshman and sophomore students.
For more information, email TRIO Talent Search or call 602-496-0972.