ASASU Council of Presidents (COP)
COP is comprised of the five elected Presidents from each of the student government organizations.
The COP comes together and collaborates every week to stay updated, act on our priorities and voice feedback on university-wide initiatives, programs, events and issues. This year, with the help of each student government and our student organizations, COP will focus on five areas of priority:
- Sustainability: Continue to support Arizona State University’s institutional commitment to lead by example through the sustainable operations of its campuses and improve individual and institutional sustainable habits, that benefit the overall health of our communities, economy, and planet.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Supporting a culture of inclusive understanding at Arizona State University where unique intersecting identities are not only recognized but celebrated while remaining committed to the continued growth of services and support for the multidimensional needs of all students.
- Civic Engagement: Help students form lifelong habits of social embeddedness through active participation in the community and political affairs to reinforce Arizona State University’s core values of democratic participation and civic leadership.
- Academics: Enhance Arizona State University’s knowledge enterprise by strengthening the touch points for students seeking academic support services and eliminating barriers to ensure students have equitable opportunities for academic engagement on all locations.
- Resources and support: Evaluate and enhance current support services for students and commit to actively increasing the overall awareness, accessibility, and improvement of academic, wellness, and financial resources.
2019 COP meeting minutes View priorities