Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
Review the Student Pavilion meeting room practices and procedures before you plan your event.
1. The Student Pavilion may be reserved by officers of a currently registered student organization to host events for current ASU students or a combination of current ASU students and current students at other higher education institutions. A guest list with affiliation will be required for all events hosted in the Student Pavilion.
2. Reservations for recurring meetings will not be accepted.
3. Student Organizations may not reserve space for other organizations for the purpose of securing lower room rental rates and/or bypassing procedures. The organization or individual named on the reservation is the Client and is solely responsible for communicating with Event and Meeting Services and initiating, planning, implementing, attending and financing the event in coordination with Event and Meeting Services.
4. Senita B/C will be available to book once an event is confirmed in Senita A or 1 year in advance whichever is earlier.
5. Room charges will be added to all reservations for conferences, cultural performances, tournaments, fundraisers and all events where a fee could potentially be charged to guests and or recruiters/exhibitors. The room charges may be waived upon receipt of a program prior to the event date showing that there is no registration fee, ticket charge, required donation, or other payment to attend the event. 75% or more of attendees must be current ASU students or a combination of current ASU and other higher ed students or room charges will apply. Clients must pre-sell tickets; ticket sales are not allowed at the door. A guest list with affiliation is required for all events hosted in the Student Pavilion.
6. Registered student organizations will be allowed to place ‘Event Holds’ for a single event provided they release all additional holds when an event date is confirmed. These holds can be challenged and will be forfeited if not confirmed 90 days prior to the event.
7. Organizations may hold up to 3 dates per event. An organization may have holds for up to 5 events per academic year.
8. All ‘Event Holds’ can be challenged by other potential clients who are able to confirm an event for one of the held dates. An “Event Hold” is not a confirmation of a date.
9. If an organization requests a date that is already held, they may enter a ‘Second Hold’. In the case that they are able to confirm their event, they must then formally challenge the holder of the initial Event Hold in order to confirm the date.
10. Clients will have three (3) business days to confirm an event when challenged for the specified date or the date will be cancelled and the confirmed event will be accepted.
11. In order to formally challenge an organization's Event Hold, the challenging organization must have an event that will confirm for that date. When a date is challenged and conceded, the challenging organization must submit a confirmation for that date. If the confirmed event cancels from the time of confirmation until 60 days prior to the event, you may lose the ability hold or challenge events in the future or may incur a fee. Any cancellation less than 60 days prior to the event will be subject to the regular cancellation policy and fees.
12. The Student Pavilion reserves the right to change location and/or cancel an event or meeting when necessary. Every effort will be made to notify the client in advance and to accommodate the client in an alternate location. The Student Pavilion does not accept reservations from any organization with outstanding payments due to ASU.
13. The pre-function space can only be reserved with a reservation for the event space. If the event space is split into multiple events then the pre-function space priority will be given to the largest event.
14. Student Organizations hosting a major event will have additional requirements and deadlines.
Conditions of Use
15. In order to accommodate as many clients as possible the Student Pavilion books rooms based on the maximum seating capacity. A room charge will apply to reservations for rooms whose estimated attendance does not meet minimum requirements for room capacity. Room charges will be incurred for clients when event attendance does not utilize the room effectively.
16. In order to schedule staff effectively final details for events with large, elaborate or unusual sets must be received a minimum of 2 weeks prior
17. Special events must register with the University by submitting the Event Registration Form. Additional permits may be required based on the event details submitted on this form. https://outreach.asu.edu/events/registration
18. Student Pavilion building hours during the regular academic year may be extended after 11 p.m. to accommodate events at a fee of $150 per hour with a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice and Student Pavilion staff approval. Regular event hours are between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. during the regular academic year. Summer and Holiday event hours may vary.
19. Rooms/spaces must be left clean, free of damage and in the set-up reserved. Clients are prohibited from moving or rearranging the furniture and will be assessed a fee if the set-up is changed. If damage occurs in a room and/or there is a loss of equipment, the responsible group/party will be assessed the full replacement/repair costs. Any group leaving an excessive amount of materials or trash will be assessed a minimum fee of $50 for clean-up. This includes any pick-up/drop-off catering menu items.
20. Charges will apply for changes to the room during the event, unusual room setups, extensive staging and other requests that incur additional labor. Fees will be determined based on cost of labor/time spent and/or extra equipment used.
21. Clients are responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable fire codes. Designated maximum capacity for any event will not be exceeded at any time.Exit aisles, staircases, fire alarm systems and emergency exits may not be blocked at any time.
22. The Student Pavilion is designated a public venue, as such, all movies shown must have copyright approval.
Film, Photography & Videography
23. Filming (which includes photo, motion picture, video recording, or written or spoken statements) requires advance approval by ASU and must comply with the ASU’s Filming policy. Resources for ASU Filming and Photography can be found online: https://brandguide.asu.edu/requests/filming-and-photographyhttps://brandguide.asu.edu/requests/filming-and-photography
24. Whether to permit photography, visual recording, and/or audio recording in any ASU event space is at the discretion of the client, who may determine whether to permit recording at the event. ASU encourages clients who want to restrict recording at their event to post notice of this restriction outside of the event space where the notice can be clearly observed upon entrance as well as inside the event space and, where appropriate, to announce restrictions at the beginning of any event.
25. Current ASU students may request to film in the Memorial Union or Student Pavilion for class projects, but must request permission/approval prior to filming. Student Filming application and resources can be found online: https://brandguide.asu.edu/requests/filming-and-photography/student-filming-application-and-resources
26. Clients requesting a room for a rain back up prior to their event will be charged the room rental for the appropriate category, whether or not the room is used. Rooms held as back up, cancelled 60 days prior will not be assessed a fee. Rooms requested day of the event as alternative rain locations will be assessed the appropriate labor charge to set the room, if staff is available to accommodate the request.
27. Due to the high demand for space, requests for rehearsal times and client set-up are limited to 4 hours at a time convenient to the operation of the Student Pavilion. Requests for additional time will be reserved if available and a room charge will apply
ASU Catering provides a variety of delicious and convenient menu options for events within the Student Pavilion. For more information or to request catering services please contact the MU Catering office by phone at 480-965-6508, e-mail or visit the catering sales office located on the main level of the Memorial Union by the information desk.
28. The Student Pavilion has an in house catering service. No other off site companies may cater in the building. All Catering within the Student Pavilion Must be certified Zero Waste:
29. The Student Pavilion recognizes the importance of being a good environmental steward and shares Arizona State University’s commitment to sustainability. Hosting a Zero Waste event minimizes landfill waste and demonstrates a commitment to ASU's Zero Waste goal!
30. To help you, and your event achieve this goal, the Student Pavilion provides recycling and compost bins in every room. We also work closely with Sun Devil Catering to ensure all of your catering needs are Zero Waste certified.
31. Please download these Student Pavilion Event: Zero Waste Talking Points for use at your event to engage and inform your guests!
32. For more information about how to host a Zero Waste event please visit: Zero Waste at ASU
Complete the Green Event Certification and get special recognition from the University Sustainability Practices Office.
33. The Pavilion is equipped with a wide variety of AV as part of its standard set-up. Work with Event and Meeting Services to determine what equipment will fit your needs. Events requiring a more elaborate set-up that may require technical support should make an appointment with the PAB Production team to support their event, please email PABProduction@asu.edu.
34. Any events taking place in Senita Ballroom should consult with the PAB Production team on the second floor of the Pavilion to confirm their needs for production equipment. All other event pricing can be found below.
Audio/Visual Equipment Fees
Flip Chart w/Pens
Stage Build (custom)
35. Groups requesting storage of materials prior to an event will be charged a fee of $4/box each day they are stored within the MU. Groups storing more than a few items will be required to reserve a room if available and pay the appropriate room charge. The STPV cannot accept drop and go shipments; delivery companies must deliver to the reserved room. The MU/STPV does not facilitate outgoing shipments. Clients hosting events with a large volume of shipments may be required to work with ASU Mail Services or an off-campus expo company.Clients needing to unload items at the Student Pavilion may check out a loading pass for a 40 minute load in and load out at the Memorial Union dock.
36. Arrangements for visitor parking in campus structures or lots must be made with Parking and Transit Services, (480)965-6406. The Student Pavilion does not have any control of the parking availability or charges and is not able to validate parking.
37. Signage and décor must be free standing or placed on tabletops. Items are not permitted to be taped or attached to any walls, windows, doors etc. of the room/building. Post-it style, self-adhesive note pad paper may be used on the blank walls inside the meeting rooms. Limited signage may be placed in areas pre-approved by Student Pavilion staff and must stand on its own or be placed on an approved sign holder.
38. The use of glitter and confetti and lit candles is prohibited in the Student Pavilion.
39. Displays, sales, exhibits, vendor information and other activity may take place inside meeting rooms only, for the duration of the event.
40. Balloons are permitted if they are permanently affixed to a display/mount. The client is responsible for removing and disposing of all balloons after an event. If helium balloons are released for any reason within the facility, labor costs associated with the removal of the balloons will be charged to the client. (labor, lift, etc.) Balloons are prohibited in the lobby.
41. 60 days’ notice is required for cancellation of reservations for any section of Senita Ballroom. Cancellations received after that time and no shows will be charged a fee based on a percentage of the room charge for the appropriate client category. 45 to 59 days = 25%, 30 to 44 days = 50%, 15 to 29 = 75% 0 to 14 = 100%. Events reserved within sixty days will require two weeks cancellation notice or a fee equal to 50% of the room charge will be assessed.
42. Two full working days’ notice is required for cancellation of reservations for meeting rooms. Cancellations received after that time will be subject to a $20 late cancellation fee.
43. All requests for meeting room equipment and/or set-up made with less than 3 working days will be charged a $30.00 minimum fee per request.
44. All requests for ballroom space equipment and/or set-up made with less than 2 weeks may be charged a $100.00 fee per request. No shows and underutilization of room capacities are subject to a full room charge.
Pavilion Fee Structure
All registered student organizations are EXEMPT from meeting room charges EXCEPT when there is a registration fee, conference fee, admission charge, required donation or any other type of fee required from those participating in the event including sponsors and exhibitors. 75% of the attendees must be current ASU students or a combination of current ASU or other higher ed students or a room charge will apply