In individual counseling, you will meet with a counselor to discuss concerns and learn coping strategies in a private, confidential setting. The counselor will collaborate with you to set counseling goals and evaluate progress toward those goals.
Referral/case management services
ASU Counseling Services staff maintains an extensive list of community-based providers and seeks to maintain close relationships with both you and the provider to ensure that you have all of your counseling, assessment, and psychiatric needs met.
- Psychiatric services: If you need to connect to a local psychiatrist or you are looking for an evaluation for psychiatric medication, our staff can facilitate and support you in connecting to community-based providers to meet your individual psychiatric service needs.
- Community mental health providers: If you wish to transfer on-going counseling treatment or looking to start personal counseling with a local provider, our staff has referral relationships with providers and can assist in connecting you to a provider who is able to meet your goals and needs.
- Community resources: There may be times when you need a specialized service. Examples could include:
- Assessment for ADHD, learning disorders, or other concerns
- Community resources to assist with basic needs such as emergency housing, food banks, and other emergency assistance