Advisor Resources and Support
"An advisor is an educator in a 'non-traditional classroom.' The advisor uses personal expertise and perspective to stimulate individual development of members and the overall development of the organization."
McKaig, R. & Policello, S. (1984). Group Advising-Defined, Described, and Examined. In Schuh, J.H. (Ed.), A Handbook for Student Group Advisors 47.
- Advising Student Groups and Organizations by Norbert Dunkel and John Schuh
- A Professor's Duties: Ethical Issues in College Teaching By Peter J. Markie
- New Faculty: A Practical Guide for Academic Beginners By Christopher J. Lucas and John W. Murry
- "Student Leaders Struggling: When the Best and the Brightest Need Help" by Lee Burdette Williams, Barry A. Schreier, and Christine Wilson
- "Advising the Undergraduate Student Organization: This Worked for Us! by M Susie Whittington and Jamie Cano
- "Advising Student Organizations: Strategies for establishing and maintaining successful advisor/student relationships" by Erin Morrell
- Knowing the Path and Walking the Path by David Rosch and Trina Nocerino