Advertising and Posting
Materials may be posted on kiosks around campus without prior approval. Materials may be posted on bulletin boards or message boards inside buildings subject to the requirements of the department or unit that maintains the board. No materials may be posted or placed in or on any other objects or surfaces, including vehicles, buildings, classrooms, parking structures, trees, plants, planters, trash receptacles, benches, signage, light poles, or sidewalks. Students, student groups, or organizations that violate this policy may be subject to sanctions under the Student Code of Conduct. ASU Police Department also may cite individuals who violate this policy for violations of Arizona law.
For more information, see the Univeristy Posting Policy.
Please follow the procedures below prior to advertising on the kiosks around campus.
- All advertising must be factual, and should not mislead or misrepresent the real nature of event, activity, service, or commodity advertised.
- Advertisements posted on University property by registered campus organizations or an off-campus company or group may not imply sponsorship or endorsement by the University.
- All advertisements must bear the names of the sponsoring organizations.
- Campus organizations are permitted to post 2 notices per kiosk, and off-campus organizations are permitted to post 1 notice per kiosk.
- Posting on kiosks is for a 2 week period only. Your organization is responsible for removing advertisements after that 2 week period. Failure to remove advertisements may result in loss of posting privileges.
- All advertising must avoid the promotion of excessive use of alcohol and should be consistent with ASU's policy of discouraging demeaning, sexual or discriminatory portrayal of individuals or groups.
Handbills, Pamphlets, or Other Materials
Registered student organizations are encouraged to disseminate information about activities and programs related to their organization. This may be accomplished by posting notices on kiosks, designated bulletin boards and distributing at the designated tables or area approved by the Student Organization Resource Center. Dissemination of handbills, pamphlets, or other matierials must not interfere with the natural egress or ingress of pedestrian, bicycle or vehicular traffic.